Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thankful

I am so thankful, the past week has had its challenges but God, as always, has been in control. I love Him so much, words just can't really express it but one of the songs on my music list comes close-make sure to listen to "Revelation Song" while you are here. I have so many things I am thankful for : my family, my brothers and sisters in Christ ( Amber, Rick, Darin, April, Connie, Peggy, my Sunday caregroup, Tosha, Frankie, and Dawn) and all of the little joys of each day. I have discovered that no matter how bad things are if I keep my eyes and thoughts on God and continue to praise Him for who He is, He will take care of everything else. I have a couple of praises to report. My youngest son was in a bad car accident a few days ago, the car was demolished but he doesn't even have so much as a bruise, Amen. A friend in our caregroup who has been battling colon and liver cancer just got a clear report- it's GONE, Amen. I never know what tomorrow may bring, but knowing that I have God to lean on and brothers and sisters praying for me and my loved ones is the most wonderful feeling in the world. This past Sunday we had a guest speaker at our church, Matthew Barnett, he's the pastor at The Dream Center and Angelus Temple in L.A. His ministry has been incredible, reaching thousands of the most desperate and lost in his city. So inspiring, God is so amazing, the Gospel of Jesus has changed so many hearts and lives in that city, so many that everyone else had given up on. "Lord I pray that your Word will continue to be a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path and that everyone I meet will see the love of Christ shining through."

No comments: